Steve Gomberg focuses his practice on mediation and representing broker-dealers, financial industry professionals and investors in securities litigation, regulation and enforcement issues, financial services industry litigation, alternative investment litigation as well as general commercial litigation. He has successfully represented broker-dealers, investment banks, investment management firms, and employees in investigations and disciplinary proceedings initiated by the SEC, NASD, NYSE, FINRA and state regulatory agencies. Steve regularly represents clients in investor class actions, customer-initiated claims, misappropriation of trade secrets, and employment disputes including raiding and recruiting. He has also served as an arbitrator and mediator for the NASD, NYSE, FINRA and the Chicago District Offices of the EEOC and is an arbitrator for the National Futures Association and the CBOE.
Steve has been given Martindale-Hubbell's "AV" rating by his peers in the Chicago Legal Community, and was named a Leading Lawyer in the 2007-2015 editions of Leading Lawyers Network in both Commercial and Securities Litigation.
- Commercial Litigation
- Class Actions
- Complex Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Broker-Dealer Litigation
- e-Discovery Disputes
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois including Trial Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- United States Tax Court
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association – Legal and Compliance Division
- Alternative Dispute Resolution and Securities Litigation Committees of the American Bar Association's Litigation Section
- Committee member of the Seventh Circuit Electronic Discovery Pilot Program
- Fellow in the American College of e-Neutrals
- Illinois State Bar Association
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D.
- Certificate of Completion, Program on Employment Law and Mediation Skills Training, New York University School of Law
- Bradley University, B.A.
- Steve has served on the Boards of the Chicago Chapter of the American Jewish Committee, the Heartland Alliance, the Chicago Chapter of The Foundation Fighting Blindness, and Little City Foundation. Steve also served on the Boards and was the President of the Jewish Council for Youth Services and the Winnetka Community House.